Do you need help after storms?

British charity Elizabeth Finn Care is asking people to get in touch to find out if they are eligible for financial help

7 February 2014

BRITISH and Irish people affected by the recent flood and storm damage in France may be eligible for financial help and advice from the charity Elizabath Finn Care.

The charity’s caseworker for France, Mary Hughes, contacted Connexion to urge readers who are struggling to cope to contact them.

She said: “I’ve spoken to several people in the north this week. So many people have been affected, and of course many in the south as well.

“Obviously we have budget limits but if there is structural damage or they need to replace some furniture, we can do specific gifts as well as the one-off flexible grant we are able to offer.

“If you’ve got a problem it’s worth contacting us. And if we can’t help we may be able to signpost you to another charity which can.”

Mrs Hughes can be contacted on 04 68 23 43 79.

Following flooding in the Var and in Brittany many communes in both areas were declared as having been subject to a natural catastrophe.

The latest group were designated last Sunday, meaning they have until Wednesday to lodge claims with insurers if they have not already done so.

February’s Connexion has more on the procedures involved and what this declaration means for insurance claims.

Call Nathalie on 06 40 61 71 97 to find out your nearest newsagent stockist if you are not a subscriber.

Photo: Flooding in Quimperlé - Le Télégramme

Resident or second-home owner in France?
Benefit from our daily digest of headlines and how-to's to help you make the most of life in France
By joining the newsletter, you agree to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
See more popular articles
The Connexion Help Guides
Brexit and Beyond for Britons in France*
Featured Help Guide
What the Brexit deal means for UK residents of France, second homeowners and visitors in 2021 and after
Get news, views and information from France