Inside the October issue of Connexion
Subscribe in October and enjoy a free bottle of award-winning 2005 Bordeaux supérieur on us, worth €8
The Connexion is the leading English-language newspaper in France, packed each month with essential news, interviews and practical information.In this month's edition:
- Help with homework: How can you help your child to do their best? We look at educational websites, homework clubs and explain how to get money off private tutors' fees.
- Mushrooms - the hunt is on: Now is the time to head for the woods to track down delicacies like cèpes and chanterelles - but how do you get involved and which are safe to eat?
- Hiking - are you making the most of France's great outdoors? La randonnée is France's favourite sport. We look at how you can get involved in your area.
- Payment due for taxe foncière this month: Deadlines are looming for this property tax. Who has to pay it? What reductions are there? What are the different payment methods?
- Interview: New minister for the elderly Nora Berra wants to reform retirement homes. She outlines her plans to cope with an ageing society.
- Cheque fraud: We uncover a loophole in the French banking system relating to cheques and explain what you can do to protect yourself
- Meet France's "prefect" for the Antarctic, Laurence de la Ferrière
- France is McDonald's top foreign earner - it's the country's biggest food paradox
- Understanding taxation on gites
- How to get your seasonal flu jabs
- Beer, cider, chocolate, gastronomy - don't miss these food and drink festivals
- Interior design: How to get that "French look"
Subscribe in October and receive a free bottle of gold medal-winning 2005 Bordeaux supérieur from Château Plaisance sent to your French home.
The offer is open to all new subscribers, resident in France, aged 18 or over, who subscribe online or by post by November 1.
The Connexion is also on sale in newsagents. For a stockist near you see www.findthepressinfrance.com