Johnny makes peace with doctor

Hallyday said he was very afraid after complications arose following the operation

The singer has come to an agreement with a doctor after a dispute dating back to an operation in 2009

JOHNNY Hallyday has made a settlement with a surgeon with whom he has been in dispute since an operation for a slipped disk in 2009 led to complications.

After the operation by Dr Stéphane Delajoux at a Paris clinic the singer, then aged 66, had to be urgently admitted to a private Los Angeles hospital on arriving in the city by plane. He later told TF1 he had been “very afraid”.

Several shows in the Route 66 tour then had to be cancelled in early 2010 due to the singer’s health.

Insurers for the shows took legal action against Delajoux, known as “the doctor to the stars”, and lawyers for the singer also made a complaint to doctors’ professional body the Conseil de l’Ordre.

Expert investigations found that Dr Delajoux’s operation was done according to correct standards, however they criticised the post-operative follow-up.

The doctor denied any wrongdoing, claiming Hallyday took risks after the operation and should “take responsibility for his behaviour”.

Now one of the singer’s lawyers, Hervé Termine, has said Hallyday, the insurers and Dr Delajoux have come to an overall agreement.

A spokesman for Hallyday said: “Mr Jean-Philippe Smet, known as Johnny Hallyday, and Dr Stéphane Delajoux have decided by mutual agreement to put an end to the dispute between them following an operation on November 26, 2009.”

Photo:frédéric loridant

More articles from Archive
More articles from Connexion France

Comment

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...