Live frog found in pack of salad
Flatmates complain to producer after surprise discovery in the bottom of their salad bowl
A GROUP of flatmates eating dinner together had a shock when they found a live frog in their salad.
The small green amphibian - about six or seven centimetres in length - had found its way into a pack of pre-washed organic salad leaves.
The salad had been bought from a local supermarket in Charenton-le-Pont, Val-de-Marne, on the outskirts of Paris.
One of the flatmates told RTL: "We opened the pack, emptied the contents into a salad bowl and started eating when we realised there was something at the bottom."
They contacted the local anti-poisoning centre as a precaution. A second pack of salad in the fridge was thrown away, just in case.
The group have lodged a complaint with the producer, which has not been named.
It is the latest in a series of food safety breaches reported by the media in recent weeks.
A couple in Angers found a human tooth in their minced beef earlier this month - and baby food Blédina recalled some of its products in July after a piece of glass was found in a pot of fruit purée.
Photo: dzain - Fotolia.com