Ten reasons to be proud of France
The government has produced 10 reasons to 'Stop au French-Bashing', among them its prowess in literature and wine-making
FOLLOWING a wave of French-bashing, the government has produced ten figures to give people reason to be proud of the country.
1. Tourism: France is the top tourist destination in the world.
2. Economy: It's the 5th economic power in the world.
3. Youth: France is 3rd in the world for providing places for foreign students.
4. Wine: The country is the world's top wine producer.
5. Environment: Wind power grew 70% in first 6 months of 2014.
6. Talent: France has 58 Nobel prize winners (15 for literature, making it the top country in this category).
7. Culture: Its 1,200 museums receive 62 million visitors a year.
8. Attractiveness: France is 3rd in Europe for receiving foreign business investment.
9. Entrepreneurship: The world's biggest start up incubator will open in Paris in 2016.
10. Innovation: In the past two years, half of the business employing 10 people or more, and one society in six, have launched a new product that was not previously available on the market.
The figures, in an infographic on the government's website, can be shared under the hashtag suggestion of #fiersdelafrance.