Cookie Consent by Flight plans with children French News and Views in English | The Connexion

Flight plans with children

Your article (see June 2019, P20) rightly says children “living in France, whether they are French or not” require an Autorisation de sortie du territoire.

28 August 2019

The French site specifies foreign children NOT residing in France do not need it (see:

Readers might like to print this out and take it with them if travelling with minors as the staff at Nice airport insisted on us having one.

They let us board when our son sent a photo of his passport to support a letter of authorisation he had already given us. 

There were no problems for the return flight from Sardinia – and when my wife returned to Scotland with the grandchildren (via Nice), she was waved through with the passports.

James Supple, by email

Stay informed:
Sign up to our free weekly e-newsletter
Subscribe to access all our online articles and receive our printed monthly newspaper The Connexion at your home. News analysis, features and practical help for English-speakers in France

Get news, views and information from France