Subscribe to get our unique desk calendar gift
Subscribe for January’s edition of The Connexion newspaper – by Thursday December 12 at midnight – and receive a free 2020 Connexion desk calendar with useful information such as UK and French bank holidays.
A subscription also means you will not miss out on January’s articles, including an extract and recipes from Rick Stein’s new French recipe book, our round-up of what is new in France in 2020, and important Brexit updates affecting Britons in France.
Also inside January’s Connexion are new and practical articles on such topics as:
• French MP's plan to stop daily barrage of cold sales calls
• New Year - the ideal time to look again at your finances in France
• A visit to the well-known Indian town that is more French than France
• Is there an ombudsman for car hire insurance disputes in France?
• Green energy offers in France: Not all as green as you may think
• Make sense of ... the DMP, France's online medical record system
• Can I do scooter/motorbike training in France with a UK driving licence?
• I'm self-employed person, how do I get a VAT number?
• How can we inherit from father in France who left no will?
• Education in France and children with learning difficulties: One family's story
• First-aid app is a real life-saver as it finds local people who can help
• Association to help US citizens abroad
• Why the French booze but rarely binge
• Tax at a difficult time: Declaring income following the death of a spouse
The newspaper also includes plenty of features and interviews such as:
• Trench-life: New-found poems and sketches reveal life on Great War's front line
• A tour of France's rich musical heritage
• The British designer behind a southern fashion empire
• Ex-Brighton couple flushed with sustainable gardening success
• Tiny houses: Live the French dream in your own little house on the prairie
• Tomb tales: remarkable stories buried in France's cemeteries
• Brittany cider makers seeking pomme perfection
• History: Fire and murderous fury in medieval Laon
• We reveal what New York was originally called (and it's not what you think)
• Fake views: How restored Carcassone got its name...
• Bilingual crosswords + quiz + readers’ letters + books + films + events + lots more
Subscriptions include print editions plus unlimited access to our website of more than 10,000 practical, news and feature items, all about France.
Subscriptions start from €13.50 for a three-monthly 'Freedom subscription' to a French address; digital-only subscriptions are also available – click here for more information.
Sign up to our free weekly e-newsletter
Subscribe to access all our online articles and receive our printed monthly newspaper The Connexion at your home. News analysis, features and practical help for English-speakers in France