Click on the relevant question below to quickly find the answer to your query.
You can access our website and articles online (up to three free subscriber articles) without having to register. If you would like to make a purchase, subscribe or place a classified advertisement you will need to create an account with us. Registered users also benefit from one extra free read of a subscriber article.
If you are a subscriber already or have bought something from us in the past, you may already have an account on our website. In that case, you will need to identify yourself and login with your email and password.
- If you do not have a registered account with us, you will be prompted to create one during the purchasing process.
- First, choose one of our subscription offers (either Digital-only or Print + Digital) here: https://subscribe.connexionfrance.com.
- Select the desired length of your subscription (3 months or 12 months). If you would like to purchase any Help Guides you can also do so at this step.
- You will then be asked to enter your email address at the bottom of the page. Our system will check to see if the email address that you entered is already registered.
- If you already have an account with us under that email address, for security reasons you may be asked to log in again to verify your identity.
- If you do not already have an account with us, please enter your email address and hit 'Continue'. You will be asked to create a password and finish setting up your account after you have completed your purchase.
- Once you have hit 'Continue' you will be taken to our secure payment gateway where you will be able to enter your payment details and complete the purchase.
- After completing your purchase you will see a thank you page with the details of your order. You will also receive an email receipt along with guidance for how to make the most of your subscription.
If you have forgotten your password, you can ask for it to be reset: https://www.connexionfrance.com/User/Password/Reset
1. Enter your email in the box. Check the Captcha (I'm not a robot), and then hit the 'Reset Now' button. You will be sent a link to reset your password. (Image below, left).
2. Check your email to find the link to reset your password. If you cannot see the email in your inbox, please check your Junk or Spam folder. Please note that it may take several hours for the password reset link to arrive in your inbox.
3. Click on the ‘Reset your password’ link in the email.
4. You will then be taken back to a page on our website where you will be able to reset your password.
5. On this new page (image above, right), enter your password in the top field, and again in the bottom field to confirm. Check the Captcha and finally click on the ‘Change Password’ button.
6. You will then be redirected to the site’s login page. Log in with your email and new password. If it does not work, please try refreshing the page first and ensuring that both the email and password boxes are empty and do not contain any pre-filled information saved by your browser (such as your old password).
To check your subscription details, please:
1. Login using the email address that is currently linked to your subscription: https://www.connexionfrance.com/login
2. Once logged in (you will see the option to log out at the top right of the page if logged in) click on 'My Account' to view your subscription details.
I am already a subscriber and am now logged in but I cannot see details of my existing subscription in 'My Account'
If you subscribed or renewed your subscription before 21/02/2017, this is normal.
If you took out or renewed your subscription before 21/02/2017, it will not show in your account as we had not launched our new website at that point.
Please be assured your subscription will continue to operate as it did when you purchased it.
If you took out or renewed your subscription after the 21/02/2017 and you cannot see the details of your subscription in My Account. Please contact us.
When your current subscription ends – and we will alert you when it does - you will be able to renew by choosing one of the subscription packages (either Digital-only or Print + Digital).
I have just received an email notification that my subscription is about to expire. How can I make sure that it continues?
We will email you when your current subscription package is due to expire with instructions for how to set your subscription to automatically renew if it is not already set up to do so. Please note that when you purchase a subscription it will be set to automatically renew by default. (See below).
Renewing your subscription means that you can continue with the current subscription you already have, using the same payment method.
You can set your subscription to automatically renew by switching the toggle to 'Automatically Renew' in 'My Account'.
All subscriptions are by default set to automatically renew. You can switch this off at any time if you so wish in your account area.
Switch the automatic renewal button off (the button should be red).
My subscription has automatically renewed but I saw that there were two charges for it on my bank statement – why?
You may encounter this if you have subscribed to a Print + Digital subscription.
The cost of postage is payable in addition to the subscription price. In the case of a one-year subscription, the postage is €9 for an address in France, €24 for an address in Europe, or €30 for an address elsewhere in the world.*
When the subscription automatically renews, the subscription and postage costs are being processed independently which is why you may see two charges on your statement.
*Tarifs correct on 13/02/2020
I have just received notification that my subscription has expired. How can I restart my subscription?
If you have received notification that your subscription has expired, then you will need to purchase a new subscription. You cannot automatically renew a subscription that has already expired.
1. To do so online, make sure that you are logged in to your account. If you are logged in, you will see the option to log out at the top of the page along with your name and a link to your account area ('My Account').
2. First, choose one of our subscription offers (either Digital-only or Print + Digital) here: https://subscribe.connexionfrance.com. Select the desired length of your subscription (3 months or 12 months). If you would like to purchase any Help Guides you can also do so at this step.
4. You will then be asked to enter your email address at the bottom of the page. Our system will check to see if the email address that you entered is already registered. If you have an account with us under that email address, for security reasons you may be asked to log in again to verify your identity.
5. Once verified, hit 'Continue' to be taken to the payment page where you may complete your purchase.
For Digital-only subscriptions:
You will have immediate access to all of our subscriber content online as well as a digital version of our current print edition, which you can view and download in your account. Remember to download and save this no later than the 20th day of the month if you would like to keep it as it will be replaced by the new edition each month.
For Print and Digital subscriptions:
The Connexion is a monthly newspaper and our deadline is the 12th each month in order to subscribe and receive the following month's print edition. So, you must subscribe by July 12 to receive the August edition, by August 12 to receive the September edition, and so on. We aim to despatch your print edition as soon as possible after it has been printed. Please note that the timing of the delivery of your edition is subject to postal times in your local area.
Access to subscriber articles online and other digital benefits start immediately from receipt of your subscription payment.
Online payments are designed to be easier to manage but you can also subscribe or place an order by post or by phone.
Payments taken on our website or by phone are processed in euros. We can take any Visa or MasterCard.
If your card is not euro-denominated, your bank will undertake the conversion into the card’s currency. Note that we do not accept PayPal or Amex.
Payment for any of our products can be made by cheque made payable to The Connexion and sent to our offices (address below) along with your contact and delivery details, plus the details of your order:
ELM THE CONNEXION
30 Avenue de Grande-Bretagne
To place your order by phone, please contact our offices on +33 (0) 6 40 55 71 63
I would like to buy a gift subscription, or I would like to buy an item for someone else. How can I do this?
For any gift order with delivery to an address other than yours, please contact our offices by email or phone as this cannot be undertaken online.
We do offer a split delivery subscription in certain cases, where we change the delivery address for you when relevant and as previously agreed. Note however that this cannot be undertaken online, so please contact our offices to discuss this
You can update your address yourself from 'My Account' but only if the delivery address remains in the same country as your current subscription.
If the change is from a French to a UK address for example, please contact our offices to get your details updated.
1. If you are making a purchase, you will have the option to choose a different card from the one last used when you reach the payment gateway. To enter the new card details, tick the ‘Enter new card’ radio button.
2. If you are not making a purchase but would like to update your card details ahead of your subscription’s automatic renewal, please contact our offices.
Digital files such as articles, back issues or PDF guides are available immediately after the purchase has been finalised and paid for.
To access your digital files please follow these steps:
1. Firstly, please make sure you are logged in to your account.
2. Once logged in, go to 'My Account'.
4. Scroll down to the 'Download' section at the bottom of the page.
5. Download your file to view (and save on your computer should you wish).
Unless otherwise specified (i.e. in the case of an item on pre-order for example), we aim to process your order within seven working days.
Click the 'Basket' button at the top.
Once there, you can view items currently in your basket and remove any unwanted articles by clicking on the bin icon on the left-hand side of the item.
Terms and Conditions: https://www.connexionfrance.com/Terms-of-use
Have we answered your question? If not, please contact our offices for further help.