Boy, 10, dies 8 years after e-coli illness

A boy of 10 has died eight years after being poisoned by an e-coli-contaminated burger that left him paralysed and mentally handicapped. 

25 September 2019
By Connexion journalist

Looking after Nolan Moittie left his family, from Hauts-de-France, unable to fund a funeral. Other victims of the Lidl steak haché started a crowdfunder to help.

The meat supplier was jailed for three years.

Stay informed:
Sign up to our free weekly e-newsletter
Subscribe to access all our online articles and receive our printed monthly newspaper The Connexion at your home. News analysis, features and practical help for English-speakers in France

Get news, views and information from France