Last few days to subscribe and receive July edition
Subscribe before midnight on Tuesday, June 12, to have the July issue of The Connexion delivered to your home.
There has never been a better time to be a Connexion subscriber. Every new subscription includes print editions PLUS unlimited access to our website connexionfrance.com (including all paywall articles), with a library of more than 10,000 practical, news and feature items.
Subscriptions start from just €13.50 for 3 months*
*Three-monthly price for a 'Freedom subscription' to a French address
HERE'S A PEEK AT SOME OF THE STORIES IN OUR JULY EDITION...
INTERVIEW: New Zealand rugby legend Dan Carter talks life in France, learning the language - and settling into a very different culture
- Making sense of private schools in France and why the fees are low
- INTERVIEW: How author Jacqueline Yallop became a pig farmer in France
- The oldest surviving cinema in the world is in France and still showing films
PRACTICAL / MONEY
- How will the new French 'PAYE' tax rate be calculated? How will this work with pensions schemes based in the UK?
- What if mutuelle top-up is refused because I am over 75?
- Are unmarked speed camera cars photographing drivers?
- Complications of capital gains tax between two countries
- Cost effective wifi when living on a canal boat
- BREXIT: Points for second-home owners in France
- Best way to transfer money for a summer trip to the UK
- What natural remedies help against harmful caterpillars?
- Can my employer force me to get a carte de séjour?
- French nationality claim held up by birth certificate spelling error
- What happens if I am caught speeding in a company vehicle?
- My operation in France: fused discs
- Property watch: Buying in Burgundy
FEATURES AND INTERVIEWS
- Meet the Vélocipédia dandies still on a roll
- How swords and miracles bring the crowds to Rocamadour
- ASTRONOMY Where to enjoy a summer stargazing break
- Purrs for thought: the attraction of cat cafés
- RECIPES Summer treats from a Burgundy cookery school
- Take our gastronomic Tour de France!
- Gardening: Hooray for the helenium in July
- HISTORY Marie-Antoine Carême, France's first celebrity chef
- En saison: What to eat in July, from crabs to nectarines
- INTERIORS How to combine comfort with nostalgia at home
- Bilingual crosswords + quiz + readers’ letters + books and films + events + lots, lots more