This updated, 2019, 64 page (+ 4 cover) edition of our healthcare helpguide comprises information about accessing healthcare in France both as a resident, second-home owner and visitor.
It includes an explanation of the healthcare rights of residents, whether working, state pensioners from abroad or early-retirees, and how the French system works.
* President Macron's 2019 healthcare reforms
* Healthcare rights in France for workers, early-retirees, retirees, second-home owners and visitors
* Telemedicine and the lack of rural doctors
* Moving to France from abroad and obtaining a Carte Vitale
* What Brexit may mean for Britons in France and healthcare
* Changes to dental and eye care reimbursements
* Why you may still have to pay your doctor and how and when you will be reimbursed
* The ‘Puma’ system of residence-based healthcare rights
* Healthcare dependants
* What is an EHIC and how do I get one?
* Treatment in other countries - your rights
* Why some doctors charge more than others but your state reimbursement is the same
* ‘Top-up’ insurance for the non-reimbursed part of medical costs
* Help for people on low incomes
* What cover do you have when travelling for short stays out of France
* Hospital stays + readers' experiences of operations in France
* Alternative medecine in France and what is reimbursed
* Long-term illnesses
* How technology is being used across France
* Cancer screening + x-rays
* Vaccinations (obligatory and voluntary)
* Mental health
* Disability benefits
* Contesting a CPAM decision
If you select the PDF version of the guide it will be available to download from the Download section of your MY ACCOUNT space on our website. MY ACCOUNT is accessed from the top right of the website when logged in.