Inspiring articles on French life, nature, food and drink, and culture. You can also find bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. Articles are organised by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
Environmental news in France for March 2021
SpaceX’s ‘secret’ planning go-ahead shocks French village
Famileo: The ‘newspaper’ that keeps families in touch
Improve your French: The mixed meaning of 'quarantine'
Improve your French: The many ways to use 'on'
The grim origins of French PM's "sorti de l'auberge" phrase
French cartoonist Plantu retires after 49 years at Le Monde
Paris Louvre uploads almost entire art collection for free online
Giant bronze cat statues amuse on Champs-Elysées
Gardening in France: The skin deep power of the marigold
Diary of a birdwatcher in France: The Eurasian woodcock
Caught on camera: Rare lynx sightings in French Alps
Abandoned, not forgotten: Urbex trend and the lure of French châteaux
Jardins ouverts: Explore a magical Mediterranean garden in Hérault
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?