Here you will find inspiring articles on nature, food and drink, and culture – the simple pleasures that make living in France such a joy. You can also enjoy bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. We have organised articles by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
Relax over a coffee and cake... with feline friends
Comfort, nostalgia and all mod cons
Horses’ hooves stop rot disease and save vineyard
Dictionaries invent their own franglais
How to successfully learn French
French possessive adjectives - The Nightmare!
Colette was one of world’s first ‘liberated’ women...
Cruise and Clint... rising star is picked by the best
Mythbuster: the French are arrogant
Wolf numbers in France to increase to 500
Garden digest - July 2018
Green news - July 2018
French roadside history being lost, one sign at a time
Nantes' elephant off parade as pilots strike
- What keyboard symbol has seen vastly increased use in the last 20 years and is known in French as ‘l’arobase’?
- Already an Olympic silver medallist, in what track and field event did Parisian Kévin Mayer become world champion in London in August 2017?
- What is the English name of the island in the Atlantic known in one of the official languages of the country to which it belongs as ‘Terre-Neuve’?
- Which Lennon & McCartney composition was performed in 1964 by Johnny Hallyday under the title ‘Quand je l’ai vue devant moi’?
- What is the usual two-word English name for the fungal grape infection Botrytis cinerea which imparts a distinctive flavour to Sauternes wines from the Bordeaux region?
- One of the most famous 20th century poems in the English language, who created the work which contains the words, “Et O ces voix d’enfants, chantant dans la coupole!”
- Former French Republican politician Michel Barnier was appointed to what role within the European Union in December 2016?
- Cultivated in order to complement the local Mediterranean cuisine, between half and two thirds of all wine produced in the vineyards of Provence is of what general type?
- By what diminutive name is Margaret of Valois, wife of Henri of Navarre, known in the title of a 1994 French film in which she was played by Isabelle Adjani?
- Who was pictured in a famous photograph taken on the front terrace of the Palais de Chaillot on June 6th 1940, with the Eiffel Tower in the immediate background?
Loading some business profiles...
Loading some classifieds...