Here you will find inspiring articles on nature, food and drink, and culture – the simple pleasures that make living in France such a joy. You can also enjoy bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. We have organised articles by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
A ‘little bit of artwork’ on every envelope
The Eiffel Tower watches over me as I write
Art of water divining in France is local sourciery
Dare to try out your French slang
Solving a problem like teaching languages in France
Say 'infox', not 'fake news'
French cultural life - December 2018
Aristocrat revolutionary turned angel of assassination
Eleanor of Aquitaine: a life of love and leadership
Green news - December 2018
French garden diary - December 2018
The man who makes Monet live on
Stellar journey: France’s place in the space race
How to be a space tourist...on terra firma
- What keyboard symbol has seen vastly increased use in the last 20 years and is known in French as ‘l’arobase’?
- Already an Olympic silver medallist, in what track and field event did Parisian Kévin Mayer become world champion in London in August 2017?
- What is the English name of the island in the Atlantic known in one of the official languages of the country to which it belongs as ‘Terre-Neuve’?
- Which Lennon & McCartney composition was performed in 1964 by Johnny Hallyday under the title ‘Quand je l’ai vue devant moi’?
- What is the usual two-word English name for the fungal grape infection Botrytis cinerea which imparts a distinctive flavour to Sauternes wines from the Bordeaux region?
- One of the most famous 20th century poems in the English language, who created the work which contains the words, “Et O ces voix d’enfants, chantant dans la coupole!”
- Former French Republican politician Michel Barnier was appointed to what role within the European Union in December 2016?
- Cultivated in order to complement the local Mediterranean cuisine, between half and two thirds of all wine produced in the vineyards of Provence is of what general type?
- By what diminutive name is Margaret of Valois, wife of Henri of Navarre, known in the title of a 1994 French film in which she was played by Isabelle Adjani?
- Who was pictured in a famous photograph taken on the front terrace of the Palais de Chaillot on June 6th 1940, with the Eiffel Tower in the immediate background?
Quoi de neuf - French shopping in December 2018
Renovating a rural home in France
Loading some business profiles...
Loading some classifieds...