Inspiring articles on French life, nature, food and drink, and culture. You can also find bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. Articles are organised by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
The real history of Mother’s Day in France
60 years of teething with Sophie the giraffe in France
Trout business success is off the scale in France
7 French expressions to use when it's hot weather
8 French food idioms for when things are going wrong
12 French expressions to celebrate Mother's Day
I was one of the 5,000 at France’s first indoor concert since Covid
French artist transforms Eiffel Tower with optical illusion
France reopens: Ideas for what to see and do in summer 2021
A guide to the winemaker’s calendar in France
Edible flowers in France: Pansies for the plate is a growing market
France's bird population declined by 30% in 30 years, figures reveal
The French photography project that captures oddball constructions
Explore Château Royal de Blois and its trio of architectural styles
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?