Inspiring articles on French culture, travel, food and drink, and language.
French cheesemakers bring out an advent calendar with 24 types to try
North France: Is cheese really dunked in coffee at breakfast?
Irish film festival celebrates French cinema with historic French ship
Houeillès, Caen, Reims: Which is the hardest French place name to say?
‘May contain spider’: horror at language error in French supermarket
French expressions about money: Should I use thunes or argent?
Longest name, furthest from Paris – five facts about French communes
Enter the world of the TV series Friends at immersive show in Paris
History of casinos in France: How Napoleon started a gambling boom
Walkers in French Alps track sheepdogs with GPS - incidents reduced
Largest nature photography festival in Europe celebrates 25 years
Vote for your favourite tree in France: Contest now open
Dogs just as numerous as people at French chateau weekend visit
French heritage: long hunt for lost cloisters leads to the US
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?