Inspiring articles on French life, nature, food and drink, and culture. You can also find bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. Articles are organised by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
What to expect of France's live entertainment post-Covid-19
Can a beach holiday still be fun with masks on?
Crafts in focus: meet French weathervane-maker Thierry Soret
7 French expressions you may hear when it's hot
French you don’t learn at school: machin
French language notes: le jogging
British artist to exhibit at major Auvergne art festival
The history and significance of wine and cheese in France
What's on(line): films, music, gallery tours & more
Nature in France: what are those shiny blue bumble bees?
Our pick of top 3 Open Gardens/Jardins Ouverts 2020
How to build a cosy hedgehog cabin
Yes, you can go camping in Paris
A bonbon-themed tour of France: the sweetest places to visit
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?
Quoi de neuf - French shopping in June 2020
Quoi de neuf - French shopping in March 2020
Loading some business profiles...
Loading some classifieds...