Inspiring articles on French life, nature, food and drink, and culture.
Green news France: €80M cigarette clean-up, electricity-free lighting
'Patience and creativity' needed to create stonemason art from France
French sci-fi writers imagine future wars so the army can prepare
‘En avoir ras-le-bol’ - A French expression you may hear today
7 French expressions to use when the weather is bad
Les flics and what's a '22' alert got to do with the police?
What happened 10, 50 and 100 years ago this month in France?
Does new film 'Eiffel' show tower as tale of love or poetic licence?
Woodkid to perform special song at Olympic handover ceremony in Paris
Beautiful private gardens open for Autumn visits in France
Diary of a birdwatcher in France: Mallard ducks
Aude vulture watch station: What time of day is good to visit?
Explore the Côte d’Azur in miniature in France's latest exhibition
80 years ago: Horrors of France’s concentration camp
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?