Here you will find inspiring articles on nature, food and drink, and culture – the simple pleasures that make living in France such a joy. You can also enjoy bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. We have organised articles by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
Combining personal health and the planet’s wellbeing
Disabled rider’s round-France five months’ journey
Lifestyle of the nomadic European house-sitter
French language notes – September 2019
14 French words which look English - but are not
English children won't always be top of English class
Women sent French serial ladykiller to guillotine
Life and times of ‘world’s first’ radical feminist
French cultural life – October 2019
Ideal time to watch migrating birds in France
Grower’s digest - October 2019
Plant species given Breton lifeline
Secret history of France's cities: Albi
French local history – October 2019
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?
Quoi de neuf - French shopping in September 2019
Perfect French home for a fine art collection
Loading some business profiles...
Loading some classifieds...