Inspiring articles on French culture, travel, food and drink, and language.
French crafts in focus: The art of cutting gems
Dog daycare centre lets visitors sightsee and eat out in Strasbourg
Clementines: The scent of Christmas in France
Can you pronounce this French word that means ‘fear of Friday 13’?
DeepL, Reverso: Which French-English translation app do you use?
Guimbarde, bagnole: How to speak about cars in French slang
Five French stories that mix history and myth - from Caesar to Clovis
Discover this French cobbler’s Harry Potter-esque workshop
Downton Abbey’s new film puts French locations in the spotlight
Video: Wild wolf spotted in Brittany for first time in 109 years
Open gardens in France - show off your garden or visit one near you
Spring nature spotting in France: clues animals and birds leave behind
30 years on: Remembering France’s Furiani football disaster
Mysteriously skewed Brittany cathedral continues to confound experts
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?