Inspiring articles on French life, nature, food and drink, and culture. You can also find bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. Articles are organised by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
Hollywood hero's support phone message for Corsica
Musical sister act raises funds for French convent
Environmental news in France for January 2021
Law bans accent discrimination in France
How to learn French online: Five YouTube videos to watch
Sound like a French native - use this word instead of 'rien'
Condé nest’s magical chateau interiors
The true history of star astrologer Nostradamus
Winston Churchill’s passion for painting in France
French animal lovers crowd fund purchase of bat cave
How to cultivate your winter garden in France
Les Jardins d’Etretat: The garden of seven wonders
The Paris church visited by royals and even John Lennon
A window to heaven: 800 years of Metz cathedral
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?