Inspiring articles on French culture, travel, food and drink, and language.
Go west: why the wealthy shun the east of town in France
Rugby brings French town alive with colour and collective pride
Tour de France, Race for Madmen
Pk, bg, mdr: how many of these French text terms can you work out?
Duck Cold! French phrases to use for chilly weather
Senate ban on inclusive language: French experts give pros and cons
What is Saint Nicholas Day celebrated in France on December 6?
Five aristocratic titles that still exist in France today
Why British Christmas pantomimes are loved by French audiences
Sea birds blown off course and into south west France by storm
Bears in Pyrenees prepare for long winter sleep - how many are there?
13 tree fairs and arboretums across France to visit this November
Michelin Guide to include exceptional French hotels
Two more villages awarded prestigious ‘most beautiful in France’ title
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?