Inspiring articles on French life, nature, food and drink, and culture. You can also find bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. Articles are organised by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
Craftspeople in France - ski maker
French village garage’s century of Citroën heritage
Craftspeople in France - candlemaker
French you don’t learn at school: du coup
Using vous to French lover ‘is sexy thing to do’
Where does the French word grève come from?
Strike up a note-perfect, melodious tour de France
French electric harpist is latest female music pioneer
French mountain retreat gets the expert touch
Charming story of photographer who befriends a fox
French garden diary – Orchids
Green news in France: January 2020
Tomb tales restore life to France’s buried past
Architecture of France: Collège de Combrée
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?
Quoi de neuf - French shopping in January 2020
Quoi de neuf - French shopping in November 2019
Loading some business profiles...
Loading some classifieds...