Inspiring articles on French life, nature, food and drink, and culture. You can also find bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. Articles are organised by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
The Concorde pilot, the King and the ancient French building
The eco-friendly French family preparing to live 'off-grid'
Right-to-die activist postpones death, continues campaign
French you don't learn at school: quand même
French language: what does it mean to be called 'Arthur'?
7 French expressions you may hear when it's hot
Arts and culture news in France for August 2020
Meet the artist who uses 'British' humour to win over French
British artist to exhibit at major Auvergne art festival
France's flamingo population booms post-COVID lockdown
How to prepare for and cultivate top tulips in France
France boasts two new regional parks and new nature reserve
Churchill's grandson: A love of France 'runs in our family'
Why is a French hamlet called Fleur d’Ecosse?
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?