Here you will find inspiring articles on nature, food and drink, and culture – the simple pleasures that make living in France such a joy. You can also enjoy bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. We have organised articles by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
Handcrafted bicycles enjoy renaissance as works of art
Life and loves of an ‘accidental’ glass blower
Second-hand is the new black
7 French expressions you may hear when it's hot
Words that change meaning from feminine to masculine
12 French fruity expressions to use
New lease of life for 100-year-old French film studios
Drawing’s Mona Lisa style puts da Vinci in frame
Dream coming true to build France’s Sun King’s warship
Open Gardens: June in full bloom
Green news in France - June 2019
French garden diary - June 2019
Baroque jewel hidden behind simple street façade
Chateaux-filled valley marks French Renaissance links
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?
Chaumont’s timeless 'vie de château'
Quoi de neuf - French shopping in June 2019
Loading some business profiles...
Loading some classifieds...