Your UK marriage or partnership in France

France has a number of marriage regimes which define how property is owned and what happens to it on death or divorce. It is common to draw up a contract with a notaire. 

A couple married in Britain but now living in France will be treated as having a regime called séparation de biens, unless a decision is taken to change this with help from a notaire.
In this regime all property owned at the time of the marriage and bought during it remains owned by the person who paid for it or was given ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time)

1 Year Subscription (12 editions) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time).

More articles from Family
More articles from Connexion France

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...