French residency rules for mixed nationality couples

I am British and am interested in moving to France with my wife, who is of a different nationality. What are the rules on residence rights? M.D.

Currently, as a British national, you benefit from EU automatic free movement rights to come and live in France.

This is unconditional if you are working, whether employed or self-employed (as long as the activity is not just occasional), and you have no need to seek a work permit. Jobseekers have a right to stay at least six months and non-workers, that is early-retirees and ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time)

1 Year Subscription (12 editions) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time).

More articles from Family
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...