Social security chiefs answer your queries

Many readers asked questions about the new 'Puma' healthcare system

We put questions from readers to the office of Thomas Fatome, director of social security. Several relate to Puma, which replaced CMU de base for people such as early-retirees who have not worked in France.

My husband and I are a British retired couple in France. He worked for years as a commerçant, but I have not worked, so I am his ayant droit (dependent) for my healthcare. Now that this ayant droit status is being abolished, do I have to do anything? What will happen to my rights in future?

If you were already known as your husband’s ayant droit at the end of 2015 you may keep this status until December 31, 2019. At any time you may ask to be attached to the assurance maladie on a personal basis by contacting your healthcare caisse. By the end of 2019 at the latest, the assurance maladie will undertake measures to update your dossier and attribute rights to you personally and no longer as an ayant droit. This change has no affect on healthcare rights.

I ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

1 Year (12 editions) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (but you can switch this off at any time!).

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (but you can switch this off at any time!)

More articles from Health
More articles from Connexion France

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...