Declaring UK pensions in France

For a UK NHS pension (non-government) or state pension, a P60 end-of- tax year form is not available. If tax relief at source is provided through the UK, there will be no need for an annual UK tax return and so no year-end UK tax calculation statement of income from HMRC. In this case, how should these UK pensions be submitted for French tax? C.D.

You are correct that these pensions are not declared in the UK and that no UK tax return should be submitted.

As to figures to use, several methods exist.

You can use either the amount received directly into a French bank ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

1 Year Subscription (12 editions)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

Digital Subscription (1 Year) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading online *no paper*

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

More articles from Money
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...