Help in English to complete your French tax return
Sponsored content: Filing tax returns in France can be done professionally with help from English-speaking accountancy and tax firm Fiscaly
France-based Fiscaly, a professional accountancy and tax firm, assists French tax payers with their legal obligation to submit French tax returns. The French tax administration requires that tax households submit an electronic tax return (ie filing over the internet) in May of each year.
The establishment of the Prélèvement a la Source for the collection of French income tax in 2019 has further complicated process for those who have to manage this process themselves.
Fiscaly’s FCCA UK and French expert-comptable founder Olaf Muscat Baron, says: “The French tax administration website allows for online filing, but experience has shown that this is both challenging and complicated to use. The website is for French persons who have one of two items of revenue that are simple to declare.
“Incorrect returns lead to questions from your tax office or even tax controls. Prélèvement a la Source can be simple for those who have no tax to pay or for those whose pay as you earn is deducted from their payslips. But this is not the case for most expats with income tax obligations in France. In essence, we remove the stress and uncertainty in preparing and filing your returns for you and in settling your income tax bills with your tax office.”
Olaf explains other benefits of using Fiscaly’s services:
- We are a fully bilingual firm. Fiscaly will work with you directly in English so that you do not have to deal with the complicated French tax definitions and rules, or with the tax administration.
- Questions in English. We use an easy and straightforward tax questionnaire in English, to help you provide us with the information needed to prepare your return.
- Experienced staff. We are tax professionals with over 12 years of experience in French income tax and wealth tax matters.
- Double Taxation Treaties Experts. We will ensure that you benefit from the treaty provisions in relation to your income tax and wealth tax situation in France.
- French government-approved, professional tax software. We guarantee that that your returns and estimates are prepared accurately and submitted securely over the internet using advanced tax software. Note that this is an entirely independent process to completing tax forms on the Impots.Gouv.fr site and is therefore more reliable and secure.
- Keeping you in control. You see and approve your return and its results before we file for you. Once we have your OK, we will submit your return on your behalf and provide you with a filing ticket as confirmation of submission. You don’t have to deal with the post or the tax office!
- You’ll know what to pay – or what you’ll get back. We will provide an estimate of the expected taxes so you know your tax liability or what tax rebates should be due to you, well in advance.
- We can offer you a complete tax service managing your income tax liability from A – Z, so that together with completing your return we can review Prélèvement a la Source tax payments and represent you to resolve over or under payments with your tax office.
- Maximising tax efficiently. At your request (and following the tax season) we can review your financial situation to see what tax credits you may be entitled to or advise on how to better structure your assets and income in France.
- We offer an adaptive fee structure so that clients can benefit from a quality French income tax service in English which is in alignment with their needs and budget.
For more information: www.fiscaly.fr
Telephone: +33 (0) 9 81 09 00 15