How can we help children out?

In 1996 we made a donation aux enfants, giving our two children our property here in France. This means they own the house we live in. I realise this would make the French equivalent of equity release a non-starter. 
Is there another way of releasing money to help our children in the short term?  J.F.

In making a donations aux enfants you make a gift of some sort with conditions.

There are several types of such gifts. In general, however, the most common type is that of the reserved benefit of the ownership of the house, ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time)

1 Year Subscription (12 editions) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time).

More articles from Money
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...