Non-resident registering as micro-entrepreneur?

We have a holiday home in Normandy where I spend six months a year. My brother and sister-in-law retired to France and opened a brocante using our barn. They have registered as a micro-entreprise. I am not French tax-resident but would like to cover for them when they have time off. Can I also register as an micro-entrepreneur even though I am here less than six months of the year?  L.M.

Yes you may but you will be charged as others in business in France are, even though you will not be able to obtain the full benefit ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time)

1 Year Subscription (12 editions) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time).

More articles from Money
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...