Cookie Consent by UK pension plans and French tax return? French News and Views in English | The Connexion

UK pension plans and French tax return?

WITH regard to my tax declaration, I have a Personal Pension Plan that I have with Standard Life UK. Do I have to include this on my 3916 form?  C.S.

25 April 2018
By Hugh MacDonald

No, you do not need to include pensions – private or otherwise – on the 3916 form; the 3916 is for declaring the existence of foreign bank accounts and investments such as foreign assurance vie policies. Of course once you draw a pension from such a plan the income is declarable on the 2047 and 2042 income declaration forms.

Reader's query answered by Hugh MacDonald

If you have a money query send it to We select questions for answer every edition

The information here is of a general nature. You should not act or refrain from acting on it without taking professional advice on the specific facts of your case.
No liability is accepted in respect of this article. It is intended only as a general guide. Nothing herein constitutes actual financial advice.

The Connexion welcomes queries and publishes a selection with answers every edition. However, please note that we cannot enter into correspondence on money topics. Queries may be edited for length and style. Due to the sensitive nature of topics we do not publish full names or addresses on these pages.

Get news, views and information from France