Tax credit for gifts to charity in France

In June 2017 I took part in a sponsored cycle ride on behalf of Cancer Support France and, as a result, I have a number of fiscal receipts in my name for some of the money that was donated. Which box do I need to declare these amounts in when I fill in my tax return for 2017? A.G.

If you were officially doing the ride on Cancer Support France’s behalf then this would be Cancer Support France’s money and in such a case you would not normally receive receipts in your name.

However if you did a ride for which you collected money and you effectively gave this to CSF who treated it as a gift from you for which you received donation receipts, then it would be possible for you to claim a tax credit for this on this basis.

To claim a tax credit for gifts to charities, insert the amount of the gift in form 2042 RICI, page one, box 7UF (ones for charities directly giving food, shelter and medicine to people in need go in 7UD).

Reader's query answered by Hugh MacDonald

If you have a money query send it to We select questions for answer every edition

The information here is of a general nature. You should not act or refrain from acting on it without taking professional advice on the specific facts of your case.
No liability is accepted in respect of this article. It is intended only as a general guide. Nothing herein constitutes actual financial advice.

The Connexion welcomes queries and publishes a selection with answers every edition. However, please note that we cannot enter into correspondence on money topics. Queries may be edited for length and style. Due to the sensitive nature of topics we do not publish full names or addresses on these pages.

More articles from Money
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you


Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...