Selling share on holiday home

We bought a holiday home with family friends but they now wish to sell their share. What are the formalities involved to transfer full ownership to us?  A.F.

The formalities depend on whether the property is owned via an SCI (a fiscally transparent property-owning partnership) or in your individual names (en indivision).

You do not mention an SCI so we assume you own en indivision, which equates to owning as ‘tenants in common’ under English law. Sales between co-owners are ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time)

1 Year Subscription (12 editions) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time).

More articles from Property
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...