Applying for an international driving permit

I live in France and drive here on a British licence. How can I obtain an Interna­tional Driving Permit so I can drive on a holiday out of the EU. T.G.

International Driving Permit (IDPs) are documents (lasting a year in the UK version) that you obtain to accompany your driving licence and thus meet requirements in certain non-EU countries – however obtaining one in your situation appears difficult.

Luckily, relatively few countries insist on the permit for a holder of a UK licence. A list issued by the RAC of places where it is ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time)

1 Year Subscription (12 editions) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time).

More articles from Transport
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...