Claiming a new work pension

My UK occupational pension started paying out each month from January 2018, significantly increasing my income. With the introduction of prélèvement à la source (PAS) in 2019 is there anything I have to do to notify the tax authorities before I complete my tax return in May 2019? I imagine that this will be classified as an exceptional change and I want to avoid being levied a surcharge for not advising the tax office in advance.

There is no need to worry. Strictly speaking, the PAS only concerns French salaries and French pensions, so your UK income sources are outside the scope of this.

Instead, the tax authorities operate ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time)

1 Year Subscription (12 editions) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Subscription automatically renews so you don't miss an edition (you can switch this off at any time).

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...