French Carte de séjour - is language test needed?

I read there is now a rule that applicants for cartes de séjour for long-term residency must pass a language test at level ‘A2’? I think this will put many Britons in France off from applying. R.B.

This requirement (which is a basic ‘school French’ level, lower than the one for nationality) is for cartes de résident de longue durée - UE, which confusingly enough is a card for non-EU citizens.

Britons wanting a card to prove their residency rights after Brexit should apply for a carte de séjour for citoyen UE, which have no such requirement. 

More articles from Your Questions
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you


Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...