Our updated Local Taxes in France helpguide for 2017 comprises 20 pages and looks at the main local taxes you can expect to pay as a resident (owner-occupier or tenant) and as a second home-owner. It also explains President’s Macron’s proposed changes to the taxe d’habitation including its staggered removal for up to 80% of households and we speak to a representative of the Mairies in France who objects to the planned changes.
The guide also reviews:
* How your bills are calculated for the main local taxes in France - taxe d’habitation and taxe foncière (on both buildings and on land)
* Who needs to pay for a TV licence in France
* Exemptions or reductions to local taxes in France. These are based on various factors including age, income and / or disability
* Exemptions applicable in some areas for chambres d’hôtes or holiday lets
* Are French taxes payable on holiday homes, second homes, mobile homes
* How to challenge a local tax bill in France
* Declaring changes to your property in France
* Other local taxes in France, such as those for rubbish removal, for vacant homes or taxes added to electricity bills
* What the local French taxes are used for
* Different payment methods and when payments are due
* Readers Q&A
If you select the download option it will be available immediately at the bottom of your My Account space which you access via the link at the top right when logged in.