Here you will find inspiring articles on nature, food and drink, and culture – the simple pleasures that make living in France such a joy. You can also enjoy bilingual crosswords, quizzes, book and film reviews – plus lifestyle and travel ideas. We have organised articles by subject – read the latest below or browse sections via the blue tabs. The Cx symbol denotes subscriber-only articles.
Interiors icon Samuel ‘was like a king’
Naturism in France
Spiritual site where solace meets commercial forces
French Language notes - August 2018
French language notes - July 2018
Dictionaries invent their own franglais
Two-day ticket sale for Al Pacino's Paris shows
The Exorcist to be screened in Strasbourg church
Mata Hari: a life of light and shadow
Green news - September 2018
Grower’s digest - September 2018
Meet French ecologist Yann Arthus-Bertrand
Architecture of France: The Grande Lande
Secret history of buildings - August 2018
- What keyboard symbol has seen vastly increased use in the last 20 years and is known in French as ‘l’arobase’?
- Already an Olympic silver medallist, in what track and field event did Parisian Kévin Mayer become world champion in London in August 2017?
- What is the English name of the island in the Atlantic known in one of the official languages of the country to which it belongs as ‘Terre-Neuve’?
- Which Lennon & McCartney composition was performed in 1964 by Johnny Hallyday under the title ‘Quand je l’ai vue devant moi’?
- What is the usual two-word English name for the fungal grape infection Botrytis cinerea which imparts a distinctive flavour to Sauternes wines from the Bordeaux region?
- One of the most famous 20th century poems in the English language, who created the work which contains the words, “Et O ces voix d’enfants, chantant dans la coupole!”
- Former French Republican politician Michel Barnier was appointed to what role within the European Union in December 2016?
- Cultivated in order to complement the local Mediterranean cuisine, between half and two thirds of all wine produced in the vineyards of Provence is of what general type?
- By what diminutive name is Margaret of Valois, wife of Henri of Navarre, known in the title of a 1994 French film in which she was played by Isabelle Adjani?
- Who was pictured in a famous photograph taken on the front terrace of the Palais de Chaillot on June 6th 1940, with the Eiffel Tower in the immediate background?
Quoi de neuf: shopping in August 2018
Quoi de neuf: shopping in July 2018
Loading some business profiles...
Loading some classifieds...