Is the Cesu system only for residents?

Is it true that the Cesu system which simplifies employing a person in the home, such as a cleaner, is only for residents and not open to holiday home owners?  N.L.

Yes… and no. A spokeswoman for Acoss, the body in charge of the national Urssaf network, said it is correct that non-residents should not use the standard Cesu system – but there is a similar scheme specifically for them, called Tpee.

People can sign up for this at and it is for anyone who employs workers in the home for personal services, such as gardening or cleaning, during their stays in France. It helps people make sure they are meeting their responsibilities in terms of social charge contributions for the employee.

To join the scheme, you click adhérer under Identification. The site has an English option.

Is a council pension a ‘government’ one?

My wife is due to start her UK local government pension soon. We are permanently living in France and have lived here for 12 years. We pay French tax. Is the pension taxable in France or ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Print + Digital 3 month subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

Print + Digital 1 year subscription

1 year of great reading in print and online

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

Digital 1 year subscription (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading online *no paper*

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

Digital 3 month subscription

3 months of great reading online *no paper*

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

More articles from Money
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you