English Language Media Sarl, the publisher of The Connexion and this site, is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We collect information from you when you place an order for a product (subscription / help guide / advert etc), subscribe to our newsletter, register with the site or complete and submit a form.
This information may include:
• Your name / and a screen name should we enable a facility to post comments;
• Contact information including email address, billing and postal address, phone number;
• Other information that can help us provide you a better service, such as a region and department of France in which you may have particular interest.
What we do with the information we gather
• We use the information for internal record-keeping;
• We may use the information to improve our products and services;
• We use the information to send electronic newsletters. We send a newsletter to subscribers on a regular basis;*
• We may also periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;*
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may in the future use the information you provide if customising the website according to user interests.*
*If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the base of each email.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All payment information is handled by Cerillion Skyline. Cerillion Skyline is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) billing application built to comply with the latest security standards and web technologies and uses an embedded payment service provider to store encrypted credit card details in a secure vault with the highest level of PCI DSS compliance (Level 1)
Your credit / debit card details are not held on our servers.
Storage of card details and ability to update these
All subscriptions have an auto-renewal function activated. Your credit or debit card details are stored to enable this to work. You can switch off the auto-renewal function at any time via the 'My Account' area of the website. If you wish to have your credit or debit card details updated or removed completely from the secure database please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the email address you used to subscribe and we will organise this.
Credit or debit card details are not stored for one-off purchases only, eg for the purchase of a help guide or an item from our shop etc.
What is a cookie and how do we use them
Cookies are tracers placed on internet users’ hard drives by the web hosts of the visited website. They allow the website to identify a single user across multiple visits with a unique identifier. Cookies may be used for various purposes: building up a shopping cart, storing a website’s language settings, targeting advertising by monitoring the user’s web-browsing etc.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to user needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies can help us provide users with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages users find useful and which they do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to a user's computer or any personally identifiable information.
Users can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but browser settings can usually be modified to decline cookies if preferred. This may prevent a user from taking full advantage of the website.
See more about managing cookies on the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- Safari : https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=fr_FR
- Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera : http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
Evaluation of traffic
Our website uses Google Analytics for statistically evaluating website traffic.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every general email or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless so required by law.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under Loi n° 1.165, du 23 décembre 1993, modifiée (loi Monégasque relative à la Protection des données personnelles et de vie privée). If you would like a copy of this please write by registered post to: English Language Media Sarl / Data Protection, Le Grand-Bretagne, 30 Avenue Grand-Bretagne, 98000 Monaco. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at the address(es) shown herein and we will amend any information found to be incorrect. If you are a subscriber you can update certain information yourself using the 'My Account' link on our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. It may also show third party adverts. However, once you have used these links or clicked on a third party advert, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information or details which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement and terms applicable to the website in question.
Updates to this policy