There has never been a better time to be a Connexion subscriber. Every new subscription includes print editions PLUS unlimited access to our website connexionfrance.com (including all paywall articles), with a library of more than 10,000 practical, news and feature items.
Subscriptions start from just €13.50 for 3 months*
*Three-monthly price for a 'Freedom subscription' to a French address
HERE'S A PEEK AT SOME OF THE STORIES IN OUR SEPTEMBER EDITION...
- FRESH TWIST ON FRENCH FOOD: Alexis Gabriel Aïnouz's new recipes
- Backlog of maintenance on main roads is reaching alarming proportion, a government-commissioned report reveals
- Fines start this September for street sexual harassment
- Victims of solar panel scam do not have to repay the bank that loaned money for the work
- Continuing carte de séjour confusion
- Healthcare, poverty, unemployment, retirement - key areas of reform facing the government this rentrée
Practical / Money
- Seven pension issues which could affect Britons living in France
- Employing a nanny and the new 'at source' taxation
- The papers needed to bring a car into France and to re-register it
- How does a newcomer obtain a social security number for a carte vitale?
- What is the law on garden bonfires and does it vary by department?
- We are selling a firm that must be run by English-speakers. How can we reassure buyers re: Brexit?
- Make sense of...French higher education and the new selective entrance
- Property watch: Languedoc
- How do I minimise damage to our modem and telephone lines during storms?
- France names, shames and fines firms for late-payment of bills
- Education: The role of the school nurse and doctor
Features and Interviews
- INTERVIEW: Photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand
- Visit Paris sites where intellectual giants met, drank, fell in love - and created
- Lourdes, a sacred spot where spiritual solace meets commerce
- Trending: Naked ambition - why naturism is on the rise
- BIG PICTURE: Ryder Cup time - a history of golf in France
- Faux fromage - Is vegetarian cheese taking off?
- HISTORY: Seductress and spy Mata Hari in Paris
- En saison: What to eat in September, from red mullet to plums
- INTERIORS: The legacy of design icon Henri Samuel
- Village in the sea: Mont St-Michel’s rich history
- Hello, sailor: The story of the Breton shirt
- Sniffing out a career: What does an oenologue do?
- Bilingual crosswords + quiz + readers’ letters + books and films + events + lots, lots more
Click here to subscribe
Sign up to our free weekly e-newsletter
Subscribe to access all our online articles and receive our printed monthly newspaper The Connexion at your home. News analysis, features and practical help for English-speakers in France