BRITAIN’S disability minister has called for French Ligue 1 Champions Paris Saint-Germain to be excluded from next season’s Champions League.
Mike Penning said that big-spending PSG should be barred from the lucrative 2014/15 tournament after five disabled Chelsea fans were allegedly assaulted by supporters of the French club during this season’s quarter-final between the two sides on April 2.
PSG won the match 3-1 but went on to lose the tie on away goals.
It has been claimed that the five supporters of the London club were insulted, spat on and had projectiles thrown at them.
PSG has already been called to appear before a Uefa disciplinary committee on July 17 to answer racism allegations at the same match.
Mr Penning has demanded that Uefa slaps a sizeable penalty on the club if it is found guilty.
He said: “It is pointless to impose a fine on a club. It’s small change. I think we should question their future participation in the Champions League.”
He also demanded that the club builds a proper viewing area for fans with disabilities.
Earlier this month, PSG were fined €60million, with €40million suspended, and had their Champions League squad for next season capped at 21 for breaching Uefa’s financial fair play rules.
At the time, PSG said in a statement: "After due reflection, Paris Saint-Germain has taken the decision to accept the measures imposed on it in spite of the tremendous handicap they represent in terms of the club's ability to fully compete on an equal footing against Europe's biggest teams."