top cx logo
cx logo
Explorearrow down
search icon
arrow down

Send bill to Leave Lord

I suggest Brian Cloughley sends an invoice for the cost of translating documents (Readers’ cartes de séjour experiences, Letters, October edition) to Lord Lawson, the person responsible for heading the Conservatives leaving the EU.

Lord Lawson not only led the campaign to leave, but he also lives in France and has applied for a carte de séjour. I am certain he would welcome Mr Cloughley’s bill. Whether he will send any money is another question.

Lord Lawson has commuted to the UK for many years. He travels to London to sit in the House of Lords and returns to Toulouse on a Friday evening. I do not know Lord Lawson’s address, but I am certain if Mr Cloughley sends his bill to the House of Lords, London, SW1A  0PW, the Lord will receive it.   

I have lived here for more than 15 years and now cannot vote in the UK. I am wondering if the same applies to Lords.

Tony Francis, Gers


Editor’s note: Lords are not subject to the 15-year rule and can vote for the entirety of their lives no matter where in the world they live

Resident or second-home owner in France?
Benefit from our daily digest of headlines and how-to's to help you make the most of life in France
By joining the newsletter, you agree to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
See more popular articles
The Connexion Help Guides
featured helpguide
Income Tax in France 2023 (for 2022 income)*
Featured Help Guide
- Primarily aimed at Britons, covers pensions, rent, ISAs, shares, savings and interest - but also contains significant general information pertinent to readers of other nationalities - Overview of online declarations + step-by-step guide to the French printed forms - Includes updates given automatically after this year's site opened
Get news, views and information from France