top cx logo
cx logo
Explorearrow down
search icon
arrow down

Link to forms for 100km plus trips in France

New forms needed for certain journeys of more than 100km are now available for printing or downloading on smartphones.

The new déclaration de déplacement forms can be printed for filling in by hand as a PDF, Word or text document or you can click on a link to complete the form on your smartphone to generate a digital version to keep on your phone.

The different versions are at this link and are in French only. 

The new forms must be taken with you on journeys where:

  •  Your final destination is more than 100km as the crow flies from your usual home.
  • AND the destination is outside your home department.

Such trips are only allowed for a certain limited number of situations (see below) and you must cross the appropriate one on the form.

You are also asked to carry with you proof of residency / home address dating from less than a year ago in case of being checked by police. Acceptable documents include a taxe d’habitation bill, utility bill, rent receipt, home insurance or a Caf document showing receipt of housing benefit.

When making a trip requiring a new form it is also recommended that you carry any relevant document which proves the reason for the trip.

Note that even if making a trip that does not require a new form – such as a trip of any distance within your own home department, or a trip of less than 100km from home to a destination in another department – it is also advisable to have with you some proof of address in case of being checked by police.

The new forms provide for seven possible situations allowing trips outside your home department of more than 100km as the crow flies.

They include journeys…

  • From home to the workplace, and other work-related journeys that cannot be avoided;
  • From home to an educational establishment by a student and / or a person accompanying the student, and journeys necessary for exams and competitions;
  • For specialist medical care which cannot be undertaken at a distance by telemedicine, and which cannot be carried out nearer to home;
  • For an imperative family reason, such as helping vulnerable people or looking after children;
  • Required by a court or the police in order to visit a police or other professional service;
  • Resulting from a legal summons to a court;
  • To carry out a service in the public interest on request from an official body.

As with the now defunct attestation forms that were used for trips outside the home during the confinement period, you are asked to fill in surname (nom) and first name (prénom), date and place of birth and your home address.

You also fill in the date of the trip and the name of the commune (usually the town or village name, not a hamlet or a city district) that you are visiting and its department number; for example if you were going to Marseille you would write Marseille and 13.

If you are unsure of the department or its number, you can look up the name of the commune at – the department is in the information box. If you click on the department name you can then look in the information box on its page for the ‘code Insee’. You can also see department numbers on this map

If it is a professional trip that you will be making repeatedly, there is a box to cross confirming this so that you do not have to fill out a new form every time.

After crossing the reason for the trip, you write the name of the town/village where you signed it and date and sign (or on a smartphone you click Générer mon attestation).

Stay informed:
Sign up to our free weekly e-newsletter
Subscribe to access all our online articles and receive our printed monthly newspaper The Connexion at your home. News analysis, features and practical help for English-speakers in France

Resident or second-home owner in France?
Benefit from our daily digest of headlines and how-to's to help you make the most of life in France
By joining the newsletter, you agree to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
See more popular articles
The Connexion Help Guides
featured helpguide
Healthcare in France*
Featured Help Guide
- Understand the French healthcare system, how you access it and how you are reimbursed - Useful if you are new to the French healthcare system or want a more in-depth understanding - Reader question and answer section Aimed at non-French nationals living here, the guide gives an overview of what you are (and are not) covered for. There is also information for second-home owners and regular visitors.
Get news, views and information from France
You have 2 free subscriber articles left
Subscribe now to read unlimited articles and exclusive content
Already a subscriber? Log in now