Financial aid for gîte and chambre d’hôtes owners

I'm self-employed renting my chalet in the Alps but now have no income and no prospect of any bookings being made for at least the next three months. I'm counted as a micro-bic, not auto-entrepeneur or other. Is there any financial aid available for me? 

If people cancel their bookings, can we claim back our lost income from the government or are we entitled to compensation from the tourist board?

Tourism has been hit hard and professionals are asking the government to step up their support for this sector.

A solution to one of the problems; how to reimburse clients who have or are about to cancel their holidays is expected tomorrow, Wednesday March 25 as one of 24 measures which will be put to the Conseil des Ministres.  

The tourist industry magazine, Tourmag reports that today Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, said this will consist of a coupon equivalent in value to the price of the service clients had or were about to cancel, valid for 18 months.

It will concern cancellations from March 1 to September 15, 2020. If clients do not wish to use the coupons they will be ...

To read the remaining 85% of this article, you need to either

Subscribe now to The Connexion and benefit from access to our archived articles since 2006

Freedom Subscription

Pay every three months. Our most flexible subscription.

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

1 Year Subscription (12 editions)

1 year of great reading in print and online

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

Digital Subscription (1 Year) (Our best value offer)

1 year of great reading online *no paper*

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

Digital subscription (freedom - 3 months)

3 months of great reading online *no paper*

Automatic renewal, cancel anytime

More articles from Your Questions
More articles from Connexion France
Other articles that may interest you

Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...