top cx logo
cx logo
Explorearrow down
search icon

Car contrôle

RE: Your article Must I change headlights on British car? (Connexion, May) I brought my motorcycle to France and had to change the headlamps and the speedometer to one with just km/hr.

My daughter brought her right-hand drive car to France soon afterwards and had merely to stick beam converters on to her headlamps to pass the CT for initial registration and all subsequent controls. It seems the answer to the question depends on what authority and/or garage you ask.

Ian Halliday, Cantal

Resident or second-home owner in France?
Benefit from our daily digest of headlines and how-to's to help you make the most of life in France
By joining the newsletter, you agree to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
See more popular articles
The Connexion Help Guides
featured helpguide
Visa and residency cards for France*
Featured Help Guide
- Visas and residency cards (cartes de séjour) for France help guide - Understand when visas and residency cards are required to move to France or come for an extended stay - Applies to Britons (post-Brexit) and to all other non-EU/non-EEA/Swiss nationalities - Useful to anyone considering a move to France, whether for work or otherwise, or wanting to spend more than three months at their French second home
Get news, views and information from France