This brings Toulouse (Occitanie) in line with Paris, Cannes, and Nice, which already have standard airport journey prices imposed (see below).
The €7.10 minimum is calculated to include the amount already on the meter when the journey begins (€4.10), plus the amount due per kilometre, and the hourly rate when the vehicle is stopped, such as during waiting times or sitting in traffic jams.
From February 1 2019 at the latest, official taxi rates will increase by 1.4%, and are now capped at:
- A minimum charge of €4.10 (the amount on the meter when the passenger first gets into the vehicle). There will be an extra fee of €2.50 (€4 in Paris) for loads of five people or more. The driver can also add a €2 charge per person if they have very heavy or large luggage.
- A minimum charge of €1.10 per kilometre travelled. This can rise by up to 50% for anti-social times, such as at night; and by as much as 100% for a journey that would force the taxi driver to make a return with no passengers; or in bad weather conditions, such as in snow or ice, and/or if the driver requires snow tyres to make the journey.
- A maximum of €36.73 per hourly wait (in the event of a taxi booking), or in case of very slow journey progress due to traffic or other delays.
Taxis ordered in advance may also increase their prices, depending on the city. Paris taxis can charge €4 for immediate bookings, €7 for advance booking, and €4 per person for the fifth passenger or more.
In Nice, immediate and advance bookings can cost €4 each; in Cannes, it costs €2 for each; in Lyon, immediate is €2, and advance is €4; and in Toulouse, €3 for immediate, €7 for advance.
Non-Paris taxis in all other towns can charge €2.50 for the fifth passenger and above; and €2 per bulky piece of luggage.
Standard airport fees have also been published, including from Paris-Orly and Paris-CDG; as well as Nice, and Toulouse-Blagnac. These fees will come into force from March 1 at the latest.
- Paris-CDG to Paris right bank: €50
- Paris-CDG to Paris left bank: €55
- Paris-Orly to Paris right bank: €35
- Paris-Orly to Paris left bank: €30
- Nice-Côte d’Azur to Cannes: €80
- Nice-Côte d’Azur to Monaco: €90
- Nice-Côte d’Azur to central Nice: €32
- Toulouse-Blagnac to Toulouse zone 1: €15
- Toulouse-Blagnac to Toulouse zone 2: €25
- Toulouse-Blagnac to Toulouse zone 3: €35
- Toulouse-Blagnac to Toulouse zone 4: €45
Sign up to our free weekly e-newsletter
Subscribe to access all our online articles and receive our printed monthly newspaper The Connexion at your home. News analysis, features and practical help for English-speakers in France