Where can I find an English-speaking employment lawyer in France?

Professional bodies for the avocats and notaires are among sources of help with obtaining advice

There are various resources available to find English-speaking lawyers

Reader Question: How can I find an English-speaking lawyer who has dealt with contract and retirement issues within the French public sector? I’m located in Nice.

One place to start when seeking legal advice is the British Foreign Office, which provides lists of English-speaking lawyers in different countries, including France, with information regarding specialities.

You can enter your location and the results will be sorted according to distance. See here.

For example our search found one law firm based in Nice, with a website in English, which specialises in labour law, though there was no specific mention of the public sector. The US embassy in France also provides its own list here.

The Ordre des avocats (bar association) of your nearest city will provide contact details for avocats in the area, and areas of expertise. Check their websites or contact them to check whether they accept English-speaking clients. Avocats deal with contentious matters and/or give in-depth advice on certain areas of law.

Some notaires, who specialise in drawing up contracts, may also have suitable expertise to advise. You can find notaires by language spoken at notaires.fr/en/directory

Related articles

Can non-EU residents access French retirement homes

Why will pensioners in France not receive 4% increase this month

Which pension investment schemes are best for Britons in France