top cx logo
cx logo
Explorearrow down
search icon

Flight plans with children

Your article (see June 2019, P20) rightly says children “living in France, whether they are French or not” require an Autorisation de sortie du territoire.

The French site specifies foreign children NOT residing in France do not need it (see:

Readers might like to print this out and take it with them if travelling with minors as the staff at Nice airport insisted on us having one.

They let us board when our son sent a photo of his passport to support a letter of authorisation he had already given us. 

There were no problems for the return flight from Sardinia – and when my wife returned to Scotland with the grandchildren (via Nice), she was waved through with the passports.

James Supple, by email

Stay informed:
Sign up to our free weekly e-newsletter
Subscribe to access all our online articles and receive our printed monthly newspaper The Connexion at your home. News analysis, features and practical help for English-speakers in France

Resident or second-home owner in France?
Benefit from our daily digest of headlines and how-to's to help you make the most of life in France
By joining the newsletter, you agree to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
See more popular articles
The Connexion Help Guides
featured helpguide
Income Tax in France 2023 (for 2022 income)*
Featured Help Guide
- Primarily aimed at Britons, covers pensions, rent, ISAs, shares, savings and interest - but also contains significant general information pertinent to readers of other nationalities - Overview of online declarations + step-by-step guide to the French printed forms - Includes updates given automatically after this year's site opened
Get news, views and information from France