top cx logo
cx logo
Explorearrow down
search icon
arrow down

Registering a car: official website woes multiplied

Registering a UK car here can only be done online via the ANTS site. Finding the correct place on the site is fairly easy.

However, when one tries to upload requested documents – such as the C5, proof of ownership – one receives a message that the document exceeds 1MB and attempts to minimise the size of the documents are refused as they are “dangerous”.

I spent hours trying to find a solution but decided to pass the task to one of the agencies that advertises this service and claims a 15-minute result.

I have had several such experiences with French government websites which leads me to feel that they do not test them properly before opening them to the public.

Keith Greenhead, by email

Resident or second-home owner in France?
Benefit from our daily digest of headlines and how-to's to help you make the most of life in France
By joining the newsletter, you agree to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
See more popular articles
The Connexion Help Guides
featured helpguide
Visa and residency cards for France*
Featured Help Guide
- Visas and residency cards (cartes de séjour) for France help guide - Understand when visas and residency cards are required to move to France or come for an extended stay - Applies to Britons (post-Brexit) and to all other non-EU/non-EEA/Swiss nationalities - Useful to anyone considering a move to France, whether for work or otherwise, or wanting to spend more than three months at their French second home
Get news, views and information from France
You have 2 free subscriber articles left
Subscribe now to read unlimited articles and exclusive content
Already a subscriber? Log in now