A film crew based in Normandy is seeking extras aged 16 to 80, including owners of large dogs, to take part in the production of a feature-length film called Des Mains en Or, by director Isabelle Mergault.
The extras will be required for scenes being filmed in Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer and Caen (Calvados). Depending on the scene, filming will take place across one or several days from June 9 to 17.
The extras being sought include:
- Men and women aged 18-80 to appear in the background of a village restaurant
- Men and women aged 35-60 walking with their large dog (Labrador, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd…)
- Male and female joggers aged 30-45
- Young men aged 16-18 playing football
The extras can be professional (or aspiring) actors, or simply normal members of the public.
The production team is also looking for:
- Oyster farmers and workers between the ages of 25 and 65
- A woman between 40 and 50 years old to play a “talking silhouette”
The extras must live in Normandy. They will be paid €105 per day.
More information is available on the website castprod.com. Applicants will need to send their name, date of birth, contact details, address, profession and availability, plus recent photos.
Isabelle Mergualt is a French actress, director, writer, and TV and radio personality. The 2005 film Je vous trouve très beau, which she wrote and directed, won the César Award for Best First Feature Film, and was nominated for the César Award for Best Original Screenplay.
Normandy fisherman films orca whale 30kms off Channel coastline