The hunt for France’s most beautiful market has progressed into its second round, with 24 now left battling for the crown.
TF1’s prestigious competition whittled down the hundreds of entries to come up with a list of the top two-dozen regional markets, highlighting the best of local produce.
Voters have until May 24 to pick their favourite, which will then see the top ten face off before a “super panel” of experts and viewers picks the grand champion on June 26.
Second round in new format
The first stage of the competition saw markets from all across the country battle it out to be voted the best in their region.
There are 24 finalists, one from each of the competition’s regions, slightly more than France’s 18 official regions, allowing for multiple markets from Normandy and the northern and eastern parts of France to join the fray.
Markets from Guadeloupe and Réunion are also clamouring for the top spot alongside their hexagonal counterparts.
This second round is a new addition to the competition’s sixth season, allowing more markets to be shown to a wider audience as part of the
Each of the 24 markets will be showcased individually on TF1’s 13:00 weekday show before the second-round deadline.
After this, the ten with the most votes will advance to the last stage, where voters will have until the end of June to vote for their overall favourite.
Host Marie-Sophie Lacarrau will visit each market separately as part of this final stage, to provide a more in-depth overview of each location.
Where are the finalists?
You can find a list of all the markets below, listed by region in alphabetical order:
- Alsace: Marché couvert de Colmar (Haut-Rhin)
- Antilles/Guyane: Marché aux épices de Pointe-à-Pitre (Guadeloupe)
- Aquitaine: Marché de La Réole (Gironde)
- Auvergne: Marché du Puy-en-Velay (Haute Loire)
- Basse-Normandie: Marché de Saint-Pierre-en-Auge (Calvados)
- Bourgogne: Marché de Chablis (Yonne)
- Bretagne: Marché de Vannes (Morbihan)
- Centre: Marché d'Argenton (Indre)
- Champagne-Ardenne: Marché des Halles du Boulingrin de Reims (Marne)
- Corse: Marché de l'Île-Rousse (Haute-Corse)
- Franche-Comté: Marché Fréry de Belfort (Territoire de Belfort)
- Haute-Normandie: Marché d'Yvetot (Seine Maritime)
- Île-de-France: Marché du centre-ville de Rueil-Malmaison (Hauts-de-Seine)
- Languedoc-Roussillon: Marché des Halles de Sète (Gard)
- Limousin: Marché de Brive-la-Gaillarde (Corrèze)
- Lorraine: Marché couvert de Metz (Moselle)
- Midi-Pyrénées: Marché de Grenade (Haute-Garonne)
- Nord-Pas-de-Calais: Marché d'Arras (Pas-de-Calais)
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur: Marché de Garéoult (Var)
- Pays-de-la-Loire: Marché des Sables d'Olonne (Vendée)
- Picardie: Marché Etréaupont (Aisne)
- Poitou-Charentes: Marché de Thouars (Deux-Sèvres)
- La Réunion: Marché de Saint-Pierre
- Rhône-Alpes: Marché d'Aubenas (Ardèche)
Almost 650,000 votes have been cast so far in the competition, and you can cast your second-round vote on the official website.