French train company SNCF is running a half-price offer on its Jeune, Adulte, and Senior railcards until next week, ending on August 29.
Bon plan— Killian (@CKSNCF) August 23, 2022
À partir d'aujourd'hui et jusqu'à la fin de la semaine, vos cartes avantages sont en réduction à 25€.
Vous pouvez débuter la validité de votre carte jusqu'à M+5, soit un début de validité en janvier 2023 !! pic.twitter.com/50kSOTtbmA
The ‘Avantage’ cards are being sold at 50% off each. They enable users to book reduced-priced train tickets.
- Carte Avantage Jeune: 12-27 years
- Carte Avantage Adulte: 27-59 years
- Caret Avantage Senior: 60+ years
The 50% off discount will last until Monday, August 29. With the discount, the cards will cost €25 instead of €49.
The cards can pay for themselves in just one or two journeys, depending on the savings made on the full-price ticket.
They enable discounts of up to 30% off full-price tickets for Intercités or TGV services, and up to 60% off the price of tickets for children aged four to 11 travelling with an adult cardholder.
Prices are also capped for second-class tickets, no matter the time or date of the booking. SNCF has specified that prices for cardholders are capped at €39 for journeys of less than 1.5 hours, €59 for journeys of between 1.5 and 3 hours, and €79 for journeys of more than three hours.
These cards also offer other advantages such as:
- Last-minute offers on ‘no flex’ journeys (non-flexible offers)
- Up to 30% reductions on journeys to Italy, Luxembourg, Germany, and Switzerland
- Up to 50% off in certain regions on TER trains
- 15% discount on on-board catering and on the Junior & Cie service (where children are accompanied by carers when they travel alone)
- 15% discount on the ‘Mes Bagages (My Luggage)’ service (for door-to-door luggage delivery)
- 15% discount on the ‘Ma Location (My Rental)’ service with the vehicle rental company Avis.
The cards are valid for a year from purchase. More information on the SNCF cards and links to purchase the cards online are on the SNCF website here.